What We Love About Quartz Countertops
Quartz countertops are all the rage right now and we have definitely joined the fan club. Don't get me wrong, we love the look of marble, there are many spectacular granite options, and the price point and variety of laminate countertops are definitely a strong selling point. There are just so many reasons to love quartz countertops! Let me explain....
How are quartz countertops made?
A quick explanation would be that natural stone is ground up and combined with polymer resins to great an engineered surface. Because of how it is created there really are endless options for what the manufacturers can create.
Some of the many reasons we love quartz countertops...
- Options!! Like we mentioned above, marble looks, solid colors, sparkly to matte, you name it! There are also numerous edge options for the selective homeowner.
- Easy to clean and maintain because you do not have to use a sealant like you would with other natural stone.
- Durable, scratch resistant (not scratch proof) and stain resistant because it is nonporous.
- Another benefit of being nonporous is that, as long as you clean regularly with soap and water, yucky microorganisms that can be present in your kitchens and bathrooms won't be growing in there because it does not harbor bacteria.
- Can stand up to higher heats. That does not mean you can set a hot pan directly on the surface, but it means it is more durable than other surfaces that cannot withstand heat such as your laminate surfaces.
- As a result of the numerous options for quartz there are many that are as afforable as granite!
What do you think about quartz? The best thing since sliced bread or just a fad? We want to hear from you!